What you’ll learn
This programme follows the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teacher Development Framework.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
• Make sure professional development in your school is focused on a shared responsibility for improving outcomes for all pupils
• Diagnose what teachers know and can do, starting professional development from that point and adapting the approach based on their developing expertise
• Help teachers improve through evidence-based professional development focused on improving classroom teaching
• Gain an understanding of what teachers have learned by reviewing patterns of performance over a number of assessments
• Develop and lead a team of colleagues who can facilitate a range of professional development approaches
• Contribute to a programme of professional development for mentors, trainees and early career teachers.
How you’ll learn
The content is delivered through blended learning. This includes a mix of real-time, interactive online sessions and self-guided modules you complete in your own time. You will be encouraged to put what you learn into practice and track your progress as you go.
Note: programme content is subject to change.