Highfield Academies are area special schools with sites in Ely and Littleport. Highfield Ely has 120 pupils on roll, and Highfield Littleport opened with a small roll in September 2017, but is growing steadily and is likely to be up to capacity in around a year. The schools work closely together in developing and delivering a flexible, pupil centred curriculum. The age range for both sites is 2 and 19 years of age and all pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans for a wide range of Special Educational Needs.
We have a vacancy for a class teacher based at Highfield Ely from September 2019. Applicants with a range of experience and strengths are welcome to apply. We are keen to appoint a strong practitioner first and foremost, then we will look at where teachers are based in our school.
We are looking to appoint:
- An outstanding practitioner who is able to meet a range of learning needs in the classroom
- A team member who can think creatively and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- A teacher who is able to demonstrate a flexible approach and recognises the importance of accessing learning opportunities outside the classroom
- A teacher who has experience of or an interest in working with students with a range of sensory needs and associated behaviours
- Somebody who demonstrates the ability to lead an area of whole school provision, for example a curriculum area.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to play a significant part in the many exciting developments we are currently leading across both our schools
- A strong leadership team with a shared vision of school development for Highfield schools
- Working alongside a welcoming, caring and supportive staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for all learners
An exciting teaching role where no two days are ever the same!
Salary: MPS SALARY NEGOTIABLE PLUS SEN2 ALLOWANCE
Closing Date: 29 March 2019, 12.00pm
Interview Date: 5 April 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit the school. If you would like to do so, please contact Pippa Edwards on 01353 662085, or email email@example.com