SEND Teaching Assistant
08.30am – 12.00pm (17.5 hours per week), Monday – Friday, 38 weeks per year.
Chesterton Primary School are looking for a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to work with a year 3 children with Special Educational Needs. The post will involve working one to one, within the classroom environment. Experience of working with SEN children would be an advantage.
The position is a temporary contract due to funding received for this specific pupil. The position will continue until such time as the funding is discontinued or when the pupil leaves our school.
We are looking for a person who:
• Can play a key role in the support of learning
• Have high expectations in all areas of children's learning and behavior
• Can support innovation and originality in creating stimulating learning opportunities
• Can work effectively with parents to provide the very best support for all of our children
• Are able to encourage the children to develop a lifelong passion for learning.
Duties may include:
· Supporting other adults within the classroom
• Liaising with parents
• Working with a named child with additional needs
• Record keeping as required
We offer a committed, supportive and fully engaged staff, local governing body and academy sponsor.
Salary: Grade D, pt. 8-11 £18,611 – 19,171 per annum pro rata.
Closing Date: 4 June 2020, 10.00am
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check. For more information and application pack, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to actively share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to the taking of satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record clearance in line with the need to create and maintain a safe culture in our recruitment.