Active Teacher Training
Inspiring futures, developing tomorrow.
Our vision statement, Active Teacher Training believes education has the power to transform lives and communities, promote social justice and champion learning for all underpins our core purpose:
- To identify and nurture future talent, providing teacher training that allows us the ability to grow our own teachers within the communities we serve to improve the quality of education our schools offer to their pupils
- Inspire our pupils to become tenacious, high achievers and lifelong learners who fulfil their potential
- To equip trainee teachers with high- quality CPD from ITT throughout their careers
We endeavour to ensure this by:
- Recruiting the top tier of candidates and through a comprehensive, flexible programme of training and support, shaping trainees into inspirational, outstanding teachers who have the ability to innovate, inspire and challenge learners, securing outstanding academic achievement for all
- Inspiring our trainees to develop the skills and expertise to become resilient outstanding teachers, through a rigorous training programme, tailored to meet their individual needs, that responds to local and national changes in education
- Inspiring our local partnership schools to build collaborative learning networks aimed at developing outstanding provision for our children within the Trust
To achieve this, we only select trainees on to the programme who we feel:
...have a real passion for teaching and raising aspirations
...are dedicated to every child reaching their full potential
...are dynamic and inspiring subject specialists who instill a passion for learning
...are committed to providing high quality learning experiences for all
and hardworking and committed to developing both personally and professionally .
The calibre of trainees at ATT is first class, resulting in several graduates from the programme progressing with partner schools to both middle and senior leadership positions.
Outstanding teachers, leaders and experienced practitioners, facilitate our training programme, in collaboration with our partner schools. The comprehensive CPD programme is designed to equip trainees with: a strong foundation in subject knowledge, extensive strategies for behaviour management and a repertoire of effective teaching strategies. We provide flexibility for our trainees, offering both Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and PGCE, validated by the University of Hull.
Why Choose Active Teacher Training?
Active Teacher Training supports applicants to become the best they can be in the classroom. The vast majority of our Professional Studies programme is delivered by teachers who work in the classroom week in, week out. This means that our trainees receive an offer that is rare in teacher training: sessions that are crafted and delivered by actively practicing teachers. Our aim is to ‘Inspire Futures and Develop Tomorrow.’
We also have some other reasons we think you should choose us:
1. Inspire the next generation
By becoming a teacher, you'll get job satisfaction that few will experience. Other than parents, teachers have arguably the biggest influence on a young person’s life. The visible results you'll see from pupils are guaranteed to send you home with a sense of pride and achievement. You’ll be placed in the classroom from day one so that you can begin to learn and practice right from the start.
2. We offer teacher training in a wide range of subjects
There are few who can use their passion in their job. Teachers get to do this every day, with the opportunity to instil this enthusiasm in their pupils. We offer more subjects than many other providers. From English and Maths to Primary SEND Specialism, Media, Law, MFL, Drama and more. With Active Teacher Training, you can train in the subject you studied for and that you really want to teach.
3. Be a lifelong learner
Nothing encourages you to continue to learn more about a topic than when you're teaching it! Children are inquisitive, often asking questions you'd never thought of. This allows you to constantly research new finding and technologies to introduce to your students. Our training is all based in evidence-based research and takes the latest educational theory around the science of learning -metacognition, cognitive load theory to name two examples- and puts this at the heart of everything we do.
ATT is fully committed to the ideals and principles of school-centred initial teacher training and has the personnel, resources and the will to make teacher training across ATT schools a success.
The main goal of Active Teacher Training is to provide the very best initial teacher training opportunities possible for our trainees. We endeavour to ensure this through celebrating the diversity of the consortium. We have a strong partnership of 4 secondary schools, 17 primary schools and 2 special schools colleges across Suffolk and Cambridge with a number of distinctive features that contribute to diversity and choice for trainees.
The mix of partner schools is varied: ATT can offer trainees a teaching experience in a mixed comprehensive, an 11-18 school, an 11-16 school, a small rural primary or above average size, urban or a special school. The range of subject specialisms found within the Trust is exceptional. In short, ATT is well served by friendly, well equipped schools that offer a wide range of educational experiences and extensively understand the needs of trainee teachers.